Shakira's famous quotes

"I admire a person who, for the love of art, is able to take off their clothes in front of a camera. But I'm not capable, I'm too cowardly for that."
"Everyone can know what is in my heart because I find it hard to conceal myself."
"I don't go out without make up. I'm a woman, you know. "
"I admire Madonna because she always did whatever she felt like doing. She went through some controversial periods when people rejected her, but she kept on reinventing herself. "
"Because of you, I'm running out of reasons to cry. "
"Everyone can know what is in my heart because I find it hard to conceal myself. "
"I am trying to make my accent so it won't bother anyone, but I am not going to drive myself crazy trying to pretend I am an American girl when I am from Colombia. "
"I pefer an ugly truth to a pretty lie. If someone is telling me the truth that is when I will give my heart. "
"It doesn't bother me to talk about my private life, it doesn't bother me to talk about anything. My life is like a glass of water, transparent. "
"Writing in English was a major challenge. I didn't want other songwriters to write for me. I wanted to preserve the spirit of my songs in Spanish. I am the same Shakira in English as I am in Spanish. "
"Writing songs has a therapeutic effect, and it either kills off love or wins the heart of the lover. "
"I always believed that women have rights and that there are some women that are intelligent enough to claim those rights. There are some others that are stupid enough not to. "
"You're a song written by the hands of God. "