Kim Kardashian revives Liz Taylor's high fashion look

Kim Kardashian looked stunning in her black and white gown at the Gabrielle's Angel Foundation Ball for cancer research in New York City.

The newlywed channelled Elizabeth Taylor's high fashion look on the red carpet, simply dripping with diamonds and jewels and covered up with a black fur stole.

On the occasion, Kardashian also spoke about her newly married life and husband Kris Humphries, who was not present at the event.

'Marriage is great,' Radar Online quoted her as saying. 'Kris is a really good guy and we're so happy.'

Kim also revealed that this party was important to her as she got an opportunity to honour her father, Robert Kardashian who died in 2003. 'I'm here honoring my dad and I'm so happy to be a part of this event.'

Kardashian did not forget to promote her brother Rob Kardashian at the event. 'I don't want to pass up this opportunity to ask everyone to vote for my brother on Dancing with the Stars!' she added.